Oliver Edward Nelson, III practices in the areas of personal injury and civil rights. Mr. Nelson’s personal injury practice consists of representing individuals who have been seriously injured due to the negligence of another in premises liability, medical malpractice and auto accident cases. In his civil rights work, Mr. Nelson has concentrated his practice on cases of police misconduct, deaths in jails and prisons, and unconstitutional government seizures. Mr. Nelson is a trial lawyer who has tried cases in state and federal court. Mr. Nelson has also argued before the Minnesota Court of Appeals and the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Nelson is a passionate advocate who believes that a lawyer’s most important duty in practice is to put his client’s needs first. Mr. Nelson and the Magna Law Firm team have obtained millions of dollars in compensation for their clients.
Mr. Nelson earned his bachelor’s degree in Political Science from Indiana University-Indianapolis. He graduated with Dean’s Honors from Indiana University- Mauer School of Law. Prior to coming to Magna Law Firm, Mr. Nelson was a litigation attorney with Flynn, Gaskins, Bennett where he handled complex business litigation, employment law, and products liability defense matters.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Personal Injury/Medical Malpractice
- Civil Rights
BAR AND COURT ADMISSIONS
- Minnesota State Bar, 2005
- U.S. District Court – Minnesota District, 2006
- Meet Magistrate Judge Jeffery J. Keyes, Bar Talk, October 17, 2008.
- New Discovery Rules – For Your Client’s Benefit and Your Own, The Hennepin Lawyer, March 2007, Volume 76 Number 3 (co-author).
- Minnesota Association of Justice
- Minnesota Association of Black Lawyers